Computers and Internet Usage
A computer may be used by the public with the following guidelines:
- The user will need a current library card. Librarians will decide when there are exceptions.
- Children who are age 8 and under must be accompanied in the library by an adult/supervising person.
- The user must have knowledge of how to use a computer. The librarians are not available to teach the use of the computer.
- It is up to the discretion of the librarian to set time limits of computer usage each day. COmputer use is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Only two people at a time will be allowed on the comptuer.
- A patron may not use their own software programs on the library's computers. No downloading files or programs is allowed.
- If printing or copying is required, the following fees will be charged.
- 10 cents per black and white copy
- 25 cents per black and white two sided copy
- 25 cents per color copy
- 50 cents per color two sided copy
- Student homework rates:
- 5 cents per black and white copy
- 15 cents per color copy
- Printing may only be done with the permission of the librarian.
- Abuse of computer equipment will result in the loss of computer privileges. The length of suspension is at the discretion of the library staff.
- Misuse of computer and internet privileges, will not be tolerated. Misuse will be defined by the library staff.
- All of the above rules will be interpreted by the library.
Newell Public Library Internet Disclamer
- The use of internet resources carries with it a responsibility to evaluate the quality of the information accessed. Parents are strongly adviced to monitor their children's internet use. If you feel information obtained through this service is inaccurate or offensive, we suggest you contact the original producer or distribuor of that information.
- The Newell Public Library cannot guarentee confidientiality over the internet.
- It is the policy of the Newell Public Library to comply fully with the United States copyright law and other federal and state laws relating to the use of the internet.
- Iowa law makes it illegal to download or purvey child pornography, pruvey pornography to children, or to commit fraudulent acts using the internet.